Donations made to the general pool are allocated to the different urgent needs of schools, at the discretion of The Tiny Seed.
To donate to projects of your own choice, click here.
Choose a Project
Developing children as agents of change
DISHA is a student oriented project aimed at the holistic development of students of select classes in a school for an entire academic year. Focused attention on the individual and collective needs of students lays the foundation for a motivated and driven school. Our mission is to build socially responsible citizens to directly influence and positively impact the local community.
We strive to enable and empower every student, teacher and parent to lead and take responsibility for their own school’s future and success. We engage in training, in personality development programmes and in other curated programmes like Science Made Real, Reading Right, and Math Matters, to name a few, fostering an environment where learning is fun, practical and relevant to the local context.
Objectives of the DISHA
- To create a safe and friendly environment for children in the school, requisite for their holistic development.
- To support disadvantaged children through alternate methods of learning, individual attention and training.
- To actively engage the children on different social and cultural activities, further enabling them to contribute to the overall development of the family, and local and extended communities.
- To sensitize the students, parents and teachers on different issues affecting the family and community, including alcohol and drug abuse, domestic violence, and their impact on the child.
- To record measurable changes in the target student group, including in academic performance, in learning parameters, and in teacher-student engagement.
- To build the reputation and good-will of the school in the community, with the end result of increased student enrolment, improved attendance levels and reduced higher school drop-out rates.
You can view some of our projects by clicking on view projects button :